Sharon A. Bryan
With a degree and background in journalism I worked as a New York editor and wrote a published book on the development of specialties in medicine, Pioneering Specialists. Turning to law as a second career, I graduated from USC Gould School of Law and within 5 years, became a Certified Specialist in Family Law. Continuing to use my journalism background, I served as editor of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists publication known as “The Specialist,” and of the State Bar “Family Law News.” I also have a Professional Designation in Financial Planning from UCLA, a helpful tool in my practice.
My colleagues have honored me by voting me a Super Lawyers Top 50 Women Attorneys in Southern California for the last several years and as a Southern California Super Lawyer for the last 16 years. I am included in Best Lawyers in America, listed as a Top Women Lawyer by Los Angeles Magazine, and named to the Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers by Martindale Hubbell. I am honored to serve as the President to the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Southern California Chapter for 2021-2022.
Since law school, I have participated in Bar Associations, including but not limited to, the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, President in 2008, South Bay Women Laywers, President in 1996-1997, State Bar Family Law Executive Committee, 2009-2012, Executive Committee of the Family Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association 2001-2004, Family Law chair and board of Women Lawyers of Los Angeles for 7 years, and member of the American Bar Association and South Bay Bar Association. It was my honor to be a law clerk extern to the Hon. Consuelo B. Marshall, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, and law clerk for the U.S. Department of Justice, Los Angeles Organized Crime and Racketeering.
My hobbies are biking in many countries and back country skiing in Canada.
University of Southern California
B.A. in Journalism
University of Missouri
Awards & Accolades
- Super Lawyers, Top 50 Women Attorneys in Southern California, 2019-2021
- Southern California, Super Lawyer, 2006-2021
- Best Lawyers in America, 2015-2021
- Los Angeles Magazine, Top Women Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Women Lawyer’s
Professional Memberships & Associations
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Southern California Chapter, President 2021-2022
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, President, 2008
- South Bay Women Lawyers, President, 1996-1997
- California State Bar
- Family Law Executive Committee, 2009-2012
- Editor Family Law News, 2011-2012
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Executive Committee Family Law Section, 2001-2004
- Women Lawyers of Los Angeles
- Board, 1991-1997
- Chair Family Law, 1993-1997
- South Bay Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Central District California
- American Bar Association
Law Office of Sharon A. Bryan