Robert A. Benavente
Robert A. Benavente is a Partner at Stegmeier, Gelbart, Schwartz, & Benavente, LLP. Mr. Benavente has successfully litigated hundreds of cases involving some of the most complex and contested family law issues, such as custody, business valuations, breach of fiduciary duty, and cash flow of self-employed individuals. His exemplary trial skills and his dignified and confident demeanor have earned him a reputation as one of the most respected family law attorneys in Orange County.
In 2014, Mr. Benavente served as the President of the Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Section. In 2016, he was admitted as a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – which is often considered the preeminent organization of family law attorneys in the nation.
Mr. Benavente regularly accepts invitations from various legal organizations to lecture on family law topics including strategic and practical considerations when litigating custody and support, the intricacies involved in tracing separate property interests at trial, and a detailed analysis of new developments in family law.
J.D., cum laude
Whittier Law School
Awards & Accolades
- Avvo 10.0 Rating, Top Attorney
- Featured in Orange Coast Magazine "Ask the Expert" column, May 2015
- "Super Lawyer" by LA Times Magazine , 2014-2018
- “The Best Lawyers in America” for Family Law published by U.S. News & World Report, 2014-Present
Professional Memberships & Associations
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), Southern California Chapter, Vice President, Programs
- Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Section, President, 2014-2015
- Orange County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2008-2015
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, Member
Stegmeier, Gelbart, Schwartz & Benavente, LLP