Michael A. Morris
Michael A. Morris was born in Winston Salem, North Carolina.
Michael was named Best Family Law Lawyer of the Year - Orange County in 2013 and 2018 by Best Lawyers in America. He has been listed as one of the Best Lawyers in America by Best Lawyers in America Orange County - Family Law since 2007 and by Super Lawyers each year since 2004. Mike is also listed in Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers (USA) - 2020.
He graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles (B.A.) and Western State University (J.D.). He is a Certified Specialist in Family Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Michael is a Partner at Minyard Morris and limits his practice to Orange County Family Law matters.
Western State University College of Law
University of California, Los Angeles
Awards & Accolades
- 2018 OneOC Spirit of Volunteerism Award
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated℠ by Martindale-Hubbell
- AVVO Rated 10 out of 10 (Superb) - Orange County Family Law
- Best Lawyers in America - "Orange County Family Lawyer of the Year", 2013, 2018
- Best Lawyers in America, 2007-Present
- Super Lawyer, 2004-Present
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers, 2020
Professional Memberships & Associations
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Family Law Spring Retreat, Co-Chair, 2016
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Board of Directors, 2007-2012
- Human Options, Board of Directors
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- Society of Fellows of the Orange County Bar Foundation, Founding Fellow
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Southern California Section
- President, 2012-2013
Newport Beach, CA