Errol Jay GordonContact Information
Errol Jay Gordon was admitted to practice law in the State of California on January 15, 1970, following his graduation from Southwestern University School of Law in Los Angeles, California. He immediately commenced the practice of law at the Western Center on Law and Poverty through the University of Southern California (USC), where he was initially employed as a research assistant. While at the Western Center, he worked on major litigation law reform projects.
Thereafter, Mr. Gordon was employed as the directing attorney for a neighborhood legal service office with the Long Beach Aid Foundation. There, the law firm conducted a practice directed toward low income individuals in all areas of the law. The firm was also active in community projects in the area of education, human rights and the delivery of efficient low cost legal services.
In 1971, Mr. Gordon entered the private practice of law in a partnership with Carl E. Jones, Esquire, the former Los Angeles County Alternate Defense Counsel. The firm handled criminal, civil and family law matters. During that time, Mr. Gordon also became counsel to numerous non-profit community development organizations working in the area of drug rehabilitation, education, civil rights and economic development. In late 1972, Mr. Gordon formed his own law firm, the Law Offices of Errol Jay Gordon, A Professional Corporation, which was located in the downtown Wilshire area of Los Angeles. The firm’s name subsequently changed to GORDON | GORDON LAWYERS. However, since 1973 the firm’s office location has remained the same.
Southwestern University School of Law
Awards & Accolades
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated℠ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers by Los Angeles Magazine
Professional Memberships & Associations
- State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, Certified Specialist in Family Law, 1980
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Barristers section, Board Member
- Family Law Section, Executive Committee Board Member
- Levitt and Quinn, Member
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Long Beach Chapter, General Counsel
- Southern California Chapter of the Christina Leadership Counsel, Board Member
- Southwestern Law School Alumni Association, Vice President and Board Member
- Southwestern Law School, Bradley Scholarship Fund, Trustee
Gordon | Gordon Lawyers, APC
Los Angeles, CA