Christopher C. Melcher
Business owners, celebrities and trust beneficiaries across California turn to top family law attorney Christopher C. Melcher for his assistance protecting their most valuable assets. With deep experience in complex family law litigation and premarital agreements, Mr. Melcher helps his clients achieve successful outcomes despite extremely challenging circumstances. He understands the need to keep sensitive family matters private for his noteworthy clients and is dedicated to handling family law matters in a discrete manner that still gets the results his clients are seeking.
For more than twenty years, he has been helping his clients navigate all the financial aspects of divorce, including tax consequences of property division and alimony, corporate laws dealing with the division of a family business, and the definition of income for purposes of setting spousal and child support. He also handles appeals of family law judgments and writ proceedings from family law orders.
He has presented approximately 150 continuing legal education programs to other attorneys across California and in other states on the issues of complex family law issues. A published author, Mr. Melcher has written multiple treatise chapters and several articles on financial issues in family law proceedings. Before entering family law exclusively, he practiced criminal defense and civil personal injury litigation. He earned his law degree at Pepperdine University School of Law in Malibu, and was admitted to the California bar in 1994. He has a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from California State University, Northridge. He holds the rating of AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell* and a rating of 10.0 (Subperb) by Avvo.com. He was named to Chambers & Partners Tier 2 for their individually ranked attorneys for 2019-2020.
B.A. in Psychology
California State University Northridge
Awards & Accolades
- Super Lawyers, 2011-Present
- Best Lawyers, 2013-Present
- Chambers and Partners, Tier 2 Ranked Attorney, 2019-Present
Professional Memberships & Associations
- International Academy of Family Lawyers, Fellow, 2020-Present
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Southern California Chapter, Fellow, 2012-Present
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, Board of Directors, 2020-2021
- State Bar of California, Family Law Section, 1994-Present
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, California Chapter
Walzer Melcher LLP
Woodland Hills, CA